We're looking into moving to have all of our structures reside in a single coupling facility lpar, but have a second one configured as a hot standby, and as a target to move structures to when a planned outage of the primary CF is necessary.

I know the answer is "It depends", but does anyone have an WAG on the CPU usage for the second CF lpar if we use it for structure duplexing only during normal operations.

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

The quiet ones are the ones that change the universe...
The loud ones only take the credit.

Londo Mollari - Babylon 5