Steve,

I don't know what's wrong with SPFPRO on Win 8, but maybe it is time for a
change. You may want to have a look at SPF/365 (well known as SPF/SE) that is
now selled at a much more reduced price. The subscription for one year is at 25
$ US (you can use it after the year, but you get no more updates and no
support)...

See http://www.commandtechnology.com/

In my optinion it is much better than SPFLite (http://spflite.co.nr/) (because
of the integrated Macro language - I use it a lot!) which is selled at 25 $ US,
too. I personally use SPF/SE with the font of Tom Brennan's Vista TN3270 and it
looks so fu***** great ;-)

Bye,
Michael