Jantje. wrote:

>Only one snag: IBM in all its wisdom has decided to kill BookManager. :-(

And we used that nice toy written by Paul Dorn, IBM WSC, which are useful to
locate messages explanations in SDSF. You just place a cursor on a message
prefix in say SYSLOG and then press say PF13. The correct set of message book
are then shown for you.

To think that it was my idea ( around 1993 or so ) to use the BookManager
datasets in a shared UserCatalog. I used BookManager as a proof of concept that
shared UserCatalog is really really really safe to use as long RACF and
Catalogs are setup correctly. Just one set of books shared by all LPARS. That
was a novel idea which was accepted quickly by my management and grudgily by my
storage team.

>Oh, and I am still waiting to meet the first person that actually understands
>that decision.

Forget it. That person name is not 'Lookat (Me)'! ;-D

You could as well try to ask big blue how many mainframes are sold this year.
;-)

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht