I will answer the APF questions, but I strongly suggest that you call SyncSort
Support in the morning if you continue to have ABEND 306 problems.

The short answer is that any module loaded by an authorized program must come
from an authorized library.  Loaded modules don't have to be authorized (AC=1),
they just have to come from an authorized library.  Now it gets more
complicated.

Most people think that all LINKLIST libraries are authorized, but that isn't
always true.  If your site has LNKAUTH=APFTAB as a parm in IEASYSxx rather than
taking the default or specifying LNKAUTH=LNKLST, then only those libraries that
are in the APF table are considered authorized.

JOBLIB and STEPLIB libraries are handled a little differently.  They are either
all authorized or all not authorized.  So, if you have a three library
concatenation and they are all authorized, life is good.  If you add a
non-authorized library to then, then they are all considered un-authorized.

When you ran an IDCAMS job with all modules used in the linklist, it was OK
because it didn't get any modules from JOBLIB.  Your site must be taking the
default or specifying LNKAUTH=LNKLST.  When you put the same libraries in the
JOBLIB concatenation, and any one of them isn't in the APF table, then all of
the JOBLIB libraries become un-authorized, even if the libraries are still in
the LINKLIST.  Because the search is STEPLIB first, JOBLIB second (or first if
no STEPLIB) and then the LINKLIST and it found the module it wanted in the
JOBLIB and the JOBLIB concatenation was not authorized because one or more
libraries weren't, then you get the ABEND 306.

Confused enough?

Chris Blaicher
Principal Software Engineer, Software Development
Syncsort Incorporated
50 Tice Boulevard, Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
P: 201-930-8260  |  M: 512-627-3803
E: cblaic...@syncsort.com