:>: -----Original Message-----
:>: From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
:>: Behalf Of Paul Gilmartin
:>: Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:38 PM
:>: To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
:>: Subject: Re: SMP/E question
:>:
:>: On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 16:48:30 -0800, retired mainframer wrote:
:>:
:>: >I have not tried the exact combination of SRC and MAC with the same
:>: name but
:>: >as far back as 1995 (MVS/ESA 4.3) I have used various DATAx with the
:>: same
:>: >name as a MAC, SRC, PROC, SAMP, etc with no apparent conflict.
:>: >
:>: >In any event, the ++LMOD control statement supports up to two DD names
:>: in
:>: >the SYSLIB operand.  Between that and ++JCLIN control cards, you should
:>: have
:>: >no trouble generating the two versions you want.
:>: >
:>: I find no ++LMOD MCS mentioned in the TOC of:
:>:
:>:     Title: SMP/E V3R6.0 for z/OS V1R13.0 Reference
:>:     Document Number: SA22-7772-16

Yes, my bad.  It is not the non-existent ++LMOD MCS but the description of
the LMOD data set entry in chapter 5.

:>: Are you thinking, perhaps of UCLIN to define LMOD entries in
:>:
:>:     Title: SMP/E V3R6.0 for z/OS V1R13.0 Commands
:>:     Document Number: SA22-7771-15
:>:
:>: ???
:>:
:>: And while either UCLIN or ++JCLIN may define up to two SYSLIB (target
:>: library) subentries in an LMOD entry, I see no way that the the two load
:>: modules may have different content or attributes, which is what Phil
:>: requires.

Since JCLIN supports multiple job steps (chapter 9 of this reference), there
is no problem having two LKED steps with different SYSLMOD DD statements
and/or with different NAME/ALIAS control cards.