On 3 February 2014 14:24, SUBSCRIBE IBM-MAIN Harold Gray
<harold.g...@mantissa.com> wrote:
[...]
>        L     R3,JESCTEXT        LOAD PAGEABLE EXTENTION
>          DROP  R3
>          USING JESPEXT,R3         EST ADDRESSABILITY WITH EXT
>          L     R4,JESGB400        GET MSG WRITER ADDRESS
> *
> This code has been working since the 1990's.  The linkages still are valid
> but the routine does not appear to be executed anymore. I've looked for any
> notes in the migration doc's and I've compared the macro (JESCT) that
> describes the aplicable areas and have not detected anything that would
> account for what happened.

It's not looking good... The JESCT description in the 1.13 data areas
doesn't list JESPEXT as a PI field. And the z/OS 2.1 book that claims
to contain JESCT seems to be truncated after IXLYEEPL. :-(

Neither does the JES2 source or maclib contain the strings JESGB400 or
IEFGB400. I can't find any reference to either name in any of the
current z/OS doc.

So I would guess that IBM has quietly stopped using this interface,
since it seems not to have been documented for a long time. But you'd
need to ask IBM.

Tony H.