David Crayford wrote:

On 26/03/2014 4:32 AM, Tony Harminc wrote:

On 25 March 2014 16:16, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if all the header files were trilingual?
Assembler/PLS/Metal C?  It'll take a while.

Ugh, please. :-( There's nothing wrong with Metal C that a complete
redesign wouldn't fix.

I find that I rarely need Metal/C. What I do want to do is inline assembler into LE code. Why the z/OS C++ compiler doesn't support this is beyond me.
It's the only C/C++ compiler that doesn't and it's a PITA.

The Dignus compilers would let you do this... (in-line ASM in LE mode.)

- Dave Rivers -

--
riv...@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com