>>>I learned via PMR that Rational Developer for System z ("RDz")
>>>.v9.x ("latest & greatest") does not "officially" support
>>>  >Enterprise COBOL v5.1.
>
>><SNIPPAGE>
>>
>>Ooops, sorry about that too.  RDz development might not know that=20
>>we in COBOL are planning to add support to COBOL =E2=80=A6
>>
>><SNIPPAGE>
>-----
>
>Perhaps IBM needs to get the different groups w/in IBM that use
>the COBOL compiler to be a bit more connected to COBOL development?

We try...in fact, I was wrong about RDz, and misled you.  RDz supports
completely COBOL V5, including the choice of XML parsers to use.

>A migration was proposed to translate (using an IBM utility) an=20
>ISV=E2=80=99s code to COBOL (~NOV2013). The problem is, the group that=20
>has the translation tool had NO idea about COBOL 5.1, and=20
>apparently had no plans to make their tool COBOL 5.1 friendly (as=20
>in, NOT using new reserved words and the like).

Can you tell me the IBM COBOL translation utility that was used?
I can try to fix this...I know about CCCA, but that one IS updated
for COBOL V5, I made sure of that.

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<