At one time, I broke open the UTILITY EXEC and used copies of the commands inside it to build my own version of the utiltape. Mine started with ICKDSF, then DDR, then the standalone FDR program. With that tape I could initialize a volume, restore a volume (VM or MVS) and back up a volume before going home. I used it several times at our Disaster Recovery site.

/Tom Kern