I see variants on the "moribund 9672s running just a few hard-to-kill apps
under OS/390 V2R4 have now been replaced with zEC12s running z/OS 2.1 and
a renewed business focus to move work onto the platform" (to quote Ed)
scenario quite frequently.

It then becomes a matter of dragging said customer up the learning curve,
given they've been forced to neglect their systems and applications for so
very long. I suspect quite a lot of consultancy is driven by that "poise
recovery" dynamic.

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer,
zChampion, Principal Systems Investigator,
Worldwide Banking Center of Excellence, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker
Blog: