On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 19:32:45 -0500, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:

>   at 11:51 AM, Paul Gilmartin said:
>
>>Can this information be supplied from HLASM
>
>Yes.

Can it be more straightforward than JWG's suggestion?

>>(but this would be harder for us to automate.)
>
>Why can't you pass the necessary variables through SYSPARM?

That might require editing every source file (of hundreds) to
parse and elaborate SYSPARM.  (In fact, it might be necessary
only to edit a common header macro.)

OTOH, we're already digesting SYSLIN to generate CSECT parameters
for SMP/E ++MOD MCS.  It would be quite natural to append Binder
IDENTIFY commands at that point.  But I believe SMP/E doesn't
recognize Binder commands appearing in SYSLIN.

-- gil