This is *not* a counter-example to Mark's point that the 'building LPAR' should
make no difference but an observation that in 'bronzeplex', some things work
differently from a gold?/platinum? plex. Our bronzeplex is truly a parallel
sysplex that meets all IBM requirements for you-know-what. However, almost
nothing is shared except for the few XCF volumes and a handful of others. In
particular, each subplex has a separate RACF data base. One subplex has two
fully sharing members, the other subplex has only one member. All three members
belong to the parallel sysplex.

For administrative reasons, we use RACF sharing in the two-member subplex.
Since the other subplex has a different RACF data base, it cannot share. CFRM
policy defines IRRXCF00_P001 and IRRXCF00_B001 for RACF sharing--with
DISPOSITION DELETE--but only the two-member RACF data base has the SHARE bit
set. If the non-sharing system is IPLed first, these structures will not be
used and may not even be allocated. But when the first sharing system is IPLed,
the structure is allocated and used. Whichever sharing member is IPLed first,
the structure will look the same because they use a single set of attributes in
the CFRM policy. In our DR setup scenario, the non-sharing member always comes
up first. The sharing-member(s) have never had a problem coming up afterwards.

There are many cases where a defined structure is not actually used by all
members--in some cases by any member--but the order of system IPL does not
matter. The only possible case I can imagine is if a CF LPAR runs out of
storage and fails to allocate one or more structures beyond a certain point.
That's an abnormal circumstance that should be avoided in the first place.
Likewise, in a POR sequence, CF LPARs should be initialized before z/OS LPARs
to ensure that CF structures will be available for exploiters.

.
.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson