I don't see the DIST ADDRESS SPACE going runaway. What is feasible is DDF
work - separately WLM classified as it should be - taking a big chunk of
CPU. (And that work runs IN the DIST address space but hopefully not at
its dispatching priority.) DIST address space itself going rogue would
sound like a bug.

Lots of things determine whether this would lead to a separate Production
LPAR being impacted, most notably whether Prod LPAR is above its share (as
determined by weights). With DDF work this could affect either the GCP
pool or the zIIP pool.

There ARE interactions between WLM and PR/SM but generally not. Such
interactions include if IRD Weight Management is active.

And I see you already have several other answers - so it looks like you
came to the right place. :-)

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer,
zChampion, Principal Systems Investigator,
Worldwide Banking Center of Excellence, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker
Blog: