Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 17, 2014, at 8:26 AM, Elardus Engelbrecht
<elardus.engelbre...@sita.co.za> wrote:

> Linda Hagedorn wrote:
>
>> We have a situation with multiple LPARS on a CEC, running DB2 asids prod,
>> test, dev.
>
> What z/OS levels? What levels of DB2 on all those LPARS?

Z is 2.1.  DB2s are V10 Put1308

>> It is claimed a runaway DB2 DIST asid on the DVLP LPAR is burning CPU and
>> stealing MIPS from the PROD LPAR and affecting production.
>
> Based on what were those claims made? I would like to see for example, RMF or
> SMF data/reports or some other tools used to prove that claims.
>
> Are you having response time problems?

Operations is reporting the situation.  I can confirm the presence of bad SQL
in the dev system, and the operations say things return to normal after its
cancelled.  Again, I don't have doc to indicate normal, so I'll ask that also.

My questions are to understand how LPARA is causing a problem in LPARB.
Operations management says this true, but the sysprog says it can't happen.

Doc will be requested next time.  Any particular advice on what should be asked
is appreciated.  I'll ask what they see, screen shots, source, etc.

Thank you.  Linda

>> Others claim this is not possible due to Prism.
>> Will someone provide an overview of how Prism influences or controls MIPS
>> usage (CPU) across LPARs sharing the same CEC, what are the limiting or
>> controlling factors (if any), and how can the behavior be measured or
>> reported upon so I can explain this with supporting doc?   Does WLM play a
>> part in sharing CPU across LPARs?
>
> Are your LPARS hard or soft capped? What are the CPU and MSU allocations to
> your LPARS?

I don't know.  Is there a display command that would show the status and
limits?