elardus.engelbre...@sita.co.za (Elardus Engelbrecht) wrote:
John Eells wrote:

Before doing anything at all, though, consider renaming the target libraries
using an HLQ with UACC(NONE) to which nobody else has access, and waiting for
an IPL.

John is talking about usage of RACF to remove access using a HLQ.

Actually, I was talking about (a) renaming them and (b) using a new unique HLQ so nobody else can get to them.

Or you can rename all of them with .X or .OLD or whatever.

Still at RACF, if your target libraries are covered in PROGRAM RACF class,
remove them too. Also look at Global Access Table too.

Just check out your parmlibs and your PROCLIBs too. Just use a search utility
to discover all these target libraries.

Good point.

If there's no fallout, you can be pretty sure they're not in use after
that...and if they are in use, you can recover quickly if you must, and you'll
know who was using them so you can fix that and try again.

Just have a TSO proc ready which does not have those libraries allocated
somewhere. I know this is CICS, but depending on custom setup, some of these
libraries may be used there.

"Everyone" has a TSO-only logon proc, right? (Right? If not, you might wish to drop what you're doing, and create one now!)

If you're risk aversive, you can use RACF SMF records since last IPL to see
whether those libraries were really used or not.

I'm not sure this covers, for example, libraries in the LPA list. It's a good idea anyway!

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing