Sorry for drift in this thread, but I can't resist... ;-)

John Eells wrote:

>"Everyone" has a TSO-only logon proc, right?  (Right?  If not, you might wish
>to drop what you're doing, and create one now!)

Yes! Yes! Very good advice! ;-)  (Years ago, a colleague changed a TSO proc in
a new library while forgetting to copy the emergency TSO procs to that new
library... ouch... that was big fun in MVS/XA days... )

It reminds me of that old trick. If you make changes to a proclib member (an
important STC for example), do that on a spare set of IPL volumes and test it
out!

It also reminds me of that time when my ex-boss put in a too big REGION in VTAM
proc member. Guess what - at IPL the network won't come up and of course it was
in those days we have one LPAR with nothing to share or spare...

>I'm not sure this covers, for example, libraries in the LPA list.  It's a good
>idea anyway!

Thanks for that LPA reminder. It is true according to my fading memory.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht