pinnc...@rochester.rr.com (Thomas Conley) wrote:
On 7/22/2015 11:10 AM, Lizette Koehler wrote:
<snip>
  Next, always over allocate your libraries to handle future
maintenance.  If you use IBM's allocation from Server pac - they are
always too small (in my opinion)

Yeah, we can't win there. Make them big enough for installing lots service and people complain about the space they need. Make them as small as practical so people don't need as much disk space, and people complain that they run out of space installing service.

We try to manage the algebraic sum to minimize the noise (grin).

I would recommend FIXPDS RESET, from the PDS package, file 182 on your
cbttape dial, www.cbttape.org.  It zeroes out the directory and makes it
look like an empty PDS.

So does IDCAMS DELETE these days (I forget when we added this). Both likely use STOW INIT.

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing