From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of CM Poncelet
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2016 11:00 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Cannot allocate Steplib?

If the routine's APF'd loadlib is added to an APF'd STEPLIB, the STEPLIB
will override the LNKLST CBT requirement.

Meanwhile, APF-authorizing/unauthorizing a loadlib 'on the fly' can be done
in batch with:

"//* APF-AUTHORIZE:

"
"//ADDAPF EXEC PGM=IEBGENER " "//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=* " "//SYSIN DD DUMMY " "//SYSUT2 DD SYSOUT=(*,INTRDR) " "//SYSUT1 DD *,DLM=@@ " "/*$VS,'SETPROG APF,FORMAT=DYNAMIC' " "/*$VS,'SETPROG APF,ADD,DSN=<whatever loadlib>,{VOLUME=<whatever non-SMS volume>|SMS}' "
"@@

"
"//*

"
"//* EXECUTE REXX TO CONCAT AHEAD OF STEPLIB FROM LISTCAT: " "//WHATREXX EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01, " "// REGION=8192K, " "// DYNAMNBR=25 " "//SYSTSIN DD * " " ISPSTART CMD(%<whatever>) NEWAPPL(<whatever APPL>) PASSLIB " "//SYSEXEC DD DISP=SHR,DSN=<REXX library> " "//STEPLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=<whatever APF'd loadlib(s)>

"
" <... etc. ... >
"
"//*

"
"//* APF-UNAUTHORIZE:

"
"//DELAPF EXEC PGM=IEBGENER " "//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=* " "//SYSIN DD DUMMY " "//SYSUT2 DD SYSOUT=(*,INTRDR) " "//SYSUT1 DD *,DLM=@@ "
"/*$VS,'SETPROG APF,DELETE,DSN=<whatever loadlib>,{VOLUME=<whatever non-SMS
volume>|SMS}'"
"@@

"
"//*

"

Just my ha'pennyworth ... CP (retired sysprog)

Steve Beaver wrote:

The STEPLIB TMP will work -- The caveat this routine MUST be placed on the LNKLST in an APF Authorized library.

Steve