On 5/6/2016 3:42 AM, Styles, Andy , SD EP zPlatform wrote:
Morning all,

We have noticed an intermittent OMVS shutdown problem, possibly since going to
z/OS 2.1, though I'm not willing to bet on that.  The general scenario is that
almost all of the system is down, and we're into stopping OMVS. Systems
automation then issues a stop to OMVS:

F OMVS,SHUTDOWN
BPXI055I OMVS SHUTDOWN REQUEST ACCEPTED

and in the particular syslog I'm looking at we get a *BPXI064E OMVS SHUTDOWN
REQUEST DELAYED briefly, before:

D OMVS
BPXO042I 10.57.34 DISPLAY OMVS 724
OMVS     0010 SHUTTING DOWN   0

Which proceeds in an orderly fashion:

D OMVS
BPXO042I 10.58.04 DISPLAY OMVS 741
OMVS     0010 SHUTTING DOWN   1

D OMVS
BPXO042I 10.58.14 DISPLAY OMVS 755
OMVS     0010 SHUTTING DOWN  13

and then:

*BPXI056E OMVS SHUTDOWN REQUEST HAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

(why is that an 'E' level message?)

"E" here is not "ERROR", it's "Eventual Action", which is the "F OMVS,RESTART" command.

Regards,
Tom Conley