From my point of view, that icon to open the TOC is not visible - I am forced
to use IE at work without exception, so having something that doesn't work with
it is a real pain. (IBM are not the only vendor that has trouble supporting IE!)

I like the idea of ePubs or any ereader format. I can’t remember what works
with the Kindle, but I seem to recall either mobi or epubs don't. Having said
that, I'm not planning to read manuals on my Kindle...

--
Andy Styles
  Original Message
From: Sue Shumway
Sent: Wednesday, 6 July 2016 19:42
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Reply To: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
Subject: Re: IBM Knowledge Centre

-- This email has reached the Bank via an external source --

Sorry for coming late to this party. Let me address two items...

<snip>
...  but I miss the tree-driven system ...
</snip>

As others have pointed out in this thread, the new KC still has the tree
structure TOC, same as in the old KC. It's just now closed by default. To
display it on any page, click on the blue icon of five stacked irregular-length
horizontal lines near the top left of the page. (FWIW, this and other
potentially missable new features are explained in the short KC video tour that
is linked on the KC main page - I *highly* recommend that all KC users, even
IBMers, view it: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/about/videotour.mp4
.)

<snip>
I read PDF's on my mobile all the time. Spend a lot of time swiping to expand
'em but sometimes you gotta have the answer right now.
</snip>

Yes, PDFs can be rough on a mobile. What do you think of ePubs instead?

Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ.
Registered in Scotland no. SC95000. Telephone: 0131 225 4555. Lloyds Bank plc.
Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England
and Wales no. 2065. Telephone 0207626 1500. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered
Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000.
Telephone: 03457 801 801. Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered Office:
Barnett Way, Gloucester GL4 3RL. Registered in England and Wales 2299428.
Telephone: 0345 603 1637

Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc are authorised by the Prudential
Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and
Prudential Regulation Authority.

Cheltenham & Gloucester plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Conduct Authority.

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Cheltenham & Gloucester Savings
is a division of Lloyds Bank plc.

HBOS plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in
Scotland no. SC218813.

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential and may
contain privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and delete it (including any attachments) immediately. You
must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it or any
attachments. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.