>Yes, PDFs can be rough on a mobile. What do you think of ePubs instead?

I'm reading PDFs on my iPad all the time. Works great, provided you're using a
good app (Apples builtin apps are not my first choice). For PDFs I used to use
FileApp and have no swithed to Readdle's "Document 5". Great app with excellent
search within the PDF.

I don't own a smartphone, so no experience with this type of mobile device.

As for ePub format: Whatever IBM chooses, don't abandon PDF! As said elswhere,
I'm always downloading PDFs, e.g. all of the z/OS bookshelves and books onto
any platform I'll be regularly working on. And lack of IBM Library Reader, I
use PDFs.

--
Peter Hunkeler