From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tony Harminc
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Dump in 64 bit mode "Storage around GPR2 is invalid."

On 25 August 2016 at 12:47, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:
> I am generally very happy with the CEEDUMP and find it quite satisfactory.

My experience with CEEDUMP is that it's all just fine until it isn't.
It seems not to cope at all well with anything other than a simple failure
within your own code. If anything the least bit subtle happens
- a stack overlay, a failure in a library routine, abend in a UNIX kernel or
other z/OS system routine - it just can't be relied on to give you the
information needed to find the root cause. Then you have to disable all LE
exception handling, set a SLIP trap, and go back to debugging with a "real"
dump.