Roach, Dennis wrote:

>We need to verify that our certificates are not about to expire. I tried
>ssh-certview and get the following messages:
>1.       ssh2/id_rsa_2048_a.pub: Failed to open `.ssh2/id_rsa_2048_a.pub':
>Character set conversions not initialized: cannot convert from 'IBM-1047' to
>'ISO8859-1'.
>2.       ssh-certview: Failed to autodetect the object type.
>3.       Trying to decode the public key file - failed.
>Anyone have an idea?

A$$uming your certs are in RACF, you could try out J.O. Skip Robinson's
excellent suggestion. (RACDCERT CERTAUTH or
RACDCERT SITE or RACDCERT ID(user-id) )

From z/OS v2.1, there is a Health Check where you can see all Certificates soon
to expire in 60 days.

If there are any such certs, you will see IRRH276E.

Sorry, but I am for now not familiar with ssh-certview. Something for me to
RTFM about... ;-)

PS: What is 'Tectia 6.4'?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht