>On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 3:03 AM, Brian Westerman <
>
> I'm actually kind of surprised at the number of sites that don't code the
> OSA-ICC consoles as NIP available.  They were designed to function in that
> manner, and you can then always have remote access (assuming you have a
> VPN).

Our OSA-ICC consoles are limited to a physically separate network within the
datacenter and operator area due to not being encrypted.  With the announcement
that z13 supports TLS for OSA-ICC sessions, we may be able to open up OSA
access to a greater extent (if and when we get z13's)

>On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 07:23:29 -0500, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>​Actually, I'm likely in the small minority (perhaps of 1) who really likes
>having _no_ NIPCONs at all. I actually _prefer_ to IPL via the "System
>Messages" interface on the HMC.

I'm with John on this.  At least I was until IBM frequently broke OSM with
their unworkable Java dependencies.  I'm looking forward to getting the HMC
updates that remove the last of Java from HMC code.

Dana