Along those lines, here are a couple of links I found using an internet for
IBM Calculating MIPs and Service Units

It would also help to understand what you are trying to do with MIPS.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bit.listserv.ibm-main/5ZIiozkVWZs

http://ibmmainframes.com/about42940.html

You may want to look more at Service Units or normalized reporting.

I can run an IEBGENER to Print a SYSLOG file with 10,000,000 lines.  My MIPS or
SUs may vary across each iterating.  If I change the CEC, it may change again,
if I have more CPs or less, it may change again.  It can be difficult to get a
repeatable report of MIPs.

http://www.ibmmainframeforum.com/all-other-tools/topic1988.html

Postby Bill Dennis > Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:19 am

The MIPS rating is based on processor type and Operating System. Performance
guru Cheryl Watson offers several charts at
http://www.watsonwalker.com/chart.html
I'm not sure why you care about CPU MIPS rating because chargeback is usually by
CPU time or Service Units used. Your job will run in less time on a faster CPU
but the chargeback per second is usually more.

Likewise, fewer Service Units are used on a faster CPU.
So, knowing what you are trying to report would be helpful.

Also, this may help.  This is a specific product, but the terms and concepts may
help (or not)

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS8CCV_7.5.1/com.ibm.mams.doc/adminis
tering_tamit/c_capacity_units.html

Lizette