From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of R.S.
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2016 8:21 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: CALLLIBS and non-existent library

W dniu 2016-12-01 o 17:08, Tom Marchant pisze:
> On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 15:23:21 +0100, R.S. wrote:
>
>> During SMP/E installation of some product APPLY fails because there
>> is no SIBMCALL dddef.
>> This is part of PL/I which I don't have.
>> PL/I is not a prerequisite of the product.
>>
>> Any clue?
> Obvious answer: ask the vendor.
>
> CALLLIBS is the way you tell SMP/E to provide a SYSLIB concatenation
> (may be just one library) to the binder. The binder will try to find
> modules there to resolve any unresolved external references.
>
> Did the link edit fail, or was the link edit not done?
>
> If the link edit step failed with unresolved references, I'd look at
> it and try to figure out where those modules reside. I'd expect that
> they are in some LE library, and that is the data set you need for
> SIBMCALL. You may need LILST and XREF to help you figure it out.
>
> If the link edit step was skipped, include a DD for SIBMCALL pointing
> to an empty data set and look at the link to determine what modules
> are needed.
>
>> 2. Edit MCS to remove SIBMCALL from the list.
> Not a good idea.

The vendor is IBM. The PL/I is not a part or prerequsite of the product (SQL
Performance Analyzer).
According to some suggestions I got off-list I defined SIBMCALL entry pointing
to dummy load library.
APPLY CHECK ended with RC=0
APPLY ended with RC=4  and some GIM23913W in SMPOUT and some IEW2480W +
IEW2482W in SMP000nn.

However I feel unhappy with such approach. Program Directory should explain
scenario with no SIBMCALL in the system.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland