From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Bill Woodger
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2016 2:02 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: I/O error substituting symbols in sysin

More computing history. "Frig". No, it doesn't mean what those across the water
may think. A particular UK-computing term, not sure of the origins, and it
certainly "surprised" me when I cam across the use of the word as a 17-year-old
trainee who happened to know the "other" meaning. "I'm going to run a little
frig", "can you frig it?", "I put in a little frig last night, and now we need
to fix it proper(ly)".

Now, I'm off for a quick fag.