From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Saturday, 10 December 2016 5:56 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: I/O error substituting symbols in sysin

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 09:47:17 -0700, Lizette Koehler wrote:

>What does your SYSUT2 DD statement look like?
>Typically SYSUT1 is copied to SYSUT2 JCL statements.
>I only see SYSUT1

The problem occured on SYSUT1 and the message mentioned SYSUT1.
I don't believe it ever wrote  to SYSUT2, so I abbreviated.  More  fully:

//  EXPORT SYMLIST=*
//  SET TEST='This is the value of the substituted string.'
//STEP1    EXEC  PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSUT1    DD  DATA,SYMBOLS=JCLONLY,DCB=LRECL=222
    This is a test of symbol use in instream data sets.  Test here: &TEST
/*  This is a test of symbol use in instream data sets.  Test here: This is the
/*
//SYSUT2    DD  SYSOUT=(,)
//SYSPRINT  DD  SYSOUT=(,)
//SYSIN     DD  DUMMY

If you believe a different specification of SYSUT2 changes the behavior, I'd
welcome the information.

>And if you need to raise an SR it would be to DFSMS Utilities.

Thanks, but does this seem to be a Utilities problem?

Thanks again,
gil