Ravi Gaur wrote:

>Delete datasets from Disk/3390 which are having enqueue from LLA/XCFAS
>....Tried IDCAMS NVR and also ISPF 3.2 (with VOLUME serial no.) get in use
>message any trick to get the datasets deleted via bypassing enqueue? on this
>specific volume

Are those datasets cataloged with the same names (volser in cat entry = volser
where they are residing) or are they uncataloged duplicates?

What message(s) are you receiving when trying to delete these datasets?

There are good reasons why you can't delete datasets while an ENQ is active.

Rather, try find out who is the owner including your TSO session procs, stop
these ASIDs and then do your deletion.

This is the safest way. Yes, there is a way to bypass deletion+renaming while
ENQ is there, but to do that may risk the safety of your datasets and your
datasets in LLA's iron grip...

If you just want to delete the uncataloged duplicates, you can just vary the
volser offline and INIT it after double check all VTOC entries. Not a trick
which I would recommend of course, but ...

Of course, this type of questions have been answered in IBM-MAIN in the past.
Just search the archives.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht