Has anyone else experienced this?

A vendor for a mainframe data entry product used for the last 30 years (with a
perpetual unlimited seat license) has sent us a contract addendum where they
increase the price by 60+% and include language to change to a MSU based
license.

The use of this product is dwindling while our MSU foot print is growing.

When questioned about the change the representative indicated government
contracts give him no room to negotiate on price.

This will be turned over to the legal department, but I am interested how
others have handled similar situations.

JT