From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steve Beaver
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2017 7:27 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Software vendor trying to force MSU based contract

As Dennis said, have the lawyers read your currently contract.

Hopefully, your product keys will not expire or lock you out if you change
boxes.  The OS-Level will not usually hurt you unless the new version is using
some features that they never used before.  But the type and serial number will
hurt you if they are used to control the ACTIVATION of the product.

Let us all know how it works out

Steve