From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 3:01 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Mischaracterized HOLDDATA

This is a swampy area captured in the caveat 'perform these steps if you choose
to use it'. If a shop has not already RDEFINEd MVS.MCSOPER.* with elaborate
profile support in place, blandly issuing these commands as documented would
immediately bring a shop to its knees. Putting a HOLD(ACTION) label on this
bottomless can of worms would only increase the likelihood of operational
catastrophe.

If you're inclined to take this action willy-nilly, be sure to update your
resume beforehand.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson