Peter Relson wrote:

>I suspect that Elardus was thinking of "delete the data set" rather than
>"delete the data set name from the LNKLST set" which is just a data definition.

Thanks. You're as usual 100% correct. It is also not about deleting the
dataset, but renaming it while that library is still in use somewhere.

But the OP said 'have to reposition a dataset in a new LNKLST' which is
somewhat vague to me, so I gave my usual caution.

>The only reason one should have for "moving" a LNKLST data set within the
>concatenation is when there are name collisions between the members. You might
>want to look to clean that up as part of this effort.

Exactly! It is about the name collision and re-use/re-load an incorrect member
[from an incorrect library], that I also recommend that a careful look around
or review is needed before you delete something.

I also want to recommend that you stop all affected address spaces, then do
your linklst change/deletion/activation and then start your address spaces.
YMMV of course.

Of course, z/OS is dynamic enough that you can do those actions on the fly
without harming still running address spaces. Such actions are usually done on
a sandbox if IPL is not desired or if you're in a hurry to test something out.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht