Good point.
Since the term 'ISV' has already been mentioned, I would like to point to BMC's
ISR installation system for an example of ease of use and flexibility. With a
couple of panels, you select, download and unpack your software. With another
couple of jobs (panel driven) all the SMP work is done and the software is
ready. Different people can work with it, installing different products
simultaneously. I found it an eye-opener and relief how easily software can be
installed and maintained since I switched to this installer.
Maybe z/OSMF can learn one or two userfriendly features from it.
Beware: since everything is under the cover of the installer, it must be real
good or you will be lost without any clue where to start or go. I can resist to
mention Omegamon as an example of this.

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286