Edward Gould wrote:

Interesting but I am not convinced that this is any better than what is
currently available. It also looks (to me) complicated and one person seems to
have to be doing “it” from start to end, is that the case?
Slide 35(?) are you trying to show a robot can do this but not a human?

Of course it's complicated, under the covers. We have a complex installation process (too complex). One goal is to remove needless steps and options. The point of driving workflows is that workflows can be divided among members of a team that need to act independently to reach a common goal, so no, it's not one person end to end. The other point of driving workflows is to handle tasks outside the scope of "moving the bits around" so we can address setup and migration kinds of actions.

And no, the graphic on p. 35 has nothing to do with robots. I just thought it was a neat graphic that helped illustrate the modernization of a 25+ year old installation process.

--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie