Thanks for the additional info,

We have 40 mod-54s and 90 mod-27s - all sms managed. The program tool is
ICETOOL.  The volumes are most of the time empty.... only in use by temp data
sets. I might have to monitor the usage during execution.

//SPDT02 EXEC PGM=ICETOOL
           //*

           //* SPLICE THE DETAIL AND NP02 TABLES TOGETHER

           //*

        56 //TOOLMSG  DD SYSOUT=*

        57 //DFSMSG   DD SYSOUT=*

        58 //IN1      DD DSN=PNGG00.DCPACK.NDCP351Z.EXTRACT.DTL,

           //            DISP=SHR

        59 //IN2      DD DSN=PNGG00.DCPACK.NDCP351Z.EXTRACT.NP02,

           //            DISP=SHR

        60 //TEMP1    DD DSN=&&SPDT021,DISP=(,PASS),SPACE=(CYL,(2000,2000)),

           //            UNIT=(SYSDA,20)

        61 //TEMP2    DD DSN=&&SPDT022,DISP=(,PASS),SPACE=(CYL,(2000,2000)),

           //            UNIT=(SYSDA,20)

        62 //CONCAT   DD DSN=*.TEMP1,VOL=REF=*.TEMP1,DISP=(OLD,PASS)

        63 //         DD DSN=*.TEMP2,VOL=REF=*.TEMP2,DISP=(OLD,PASS)

        64 //COMBINE  DD DSN=PNGG00.DCPACK.NDCP351Z.DTLNP02.DATA,

           //         DISP=(,PASS),UNIT=(SYSDA,4),

           //         SPACE=(CYL,(1500,200),RLSE),

           //         DCB=(LRECL=1477,RECFM=FB,BLKSIZE=0)

        65 //TOOLIN   DD *

        66 //CTL1CNTL DD *

        67 //CTL2CNTL DD *