SVCDUMPs can go to SYS1.DUMPx or a dynamic allocation based on your settings in
z/OS

Look at the mvs command for Dump Datasets (DD) for what your shop is using.

See this link:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ieag100/dumpds.htm

SVC Dumps can contain as much or as little as specified.  Some products dump a
large amount of control blocks (Think DB2)

So just a few.

The Dump process has a Dataspace it dumps to.  So the process is fast.  Once
the Dump goes to the dataspace, it is then dumped to your designated SVC Dump
dataset

A quick search on the www.ibm.com for SVCDUMP DD pulls up this link

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ieav100/seqdat.htm

It should be a good starting point.

How SVCDUMP behaves is going to be dependent on how you have it set up.  There
is not a one size fits all process.

Lizette