Have a look at the catalog interface (sys1.samplib(IGG*)). They use rexx to
invoke the utility. I believe same way can br used with the smpe api. I
once tried that, but didn't have the time to complete the work...

ITschak

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 10:07 PM, Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On 2017-08-08, at 11:01, Nims,Alva John (Al) wrote:
>
> > It is documented in "SA23-2276-02 SMP/E for z/OS Reference" look for
> GIMAPI, on the CBTTAPE are some routines that provide an interface between
> REXX and GIMAPI.
> >
> I don't consider GIMAPI a Rexx API; it's Rexx-hostile.  It requires
> that the caller supply pointers in argument blocks, and pointers are
> not a capability of Rexx.  So an interface to the interface is
> necessary.
>
> ICSF did far better with its API -- its arguments are Rexx-friendly
> without being Rexx-peculiar.  It's a pity that the designers of GIMAPI
> lacked such foresight.
>
> -- gil

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|** Automatic ISCM**  (Information Security
Contiguous Monitoring) **|  *