On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Lizette Koehler
<stars...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> I know about vendor costs. But have you looked at this?
>
> http://www.connx.com/learning/access_vsam_in_excel.php

Interesting, thanks!

> Or other internet searches might bring up other options.
>
> Accessing VSAM from EXCEL seems to be a valid function
>
> Or if you have something like CICS/IMS could you create a Web access to do
> this?

We don't have IMS, just plain ol' (free) VSAM. Personally, I was
thinking that using a CICS HTTP interface would be simpler than CICS
MQ, but I am just a "resource" on this. I'm not part of the "design
team" (the one programmer) and I guess he finds MQ easier than HTTP.

--
If you look around the poker table & don't see an obvious sucker, it's you.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown