Try this:
Pcomm (and most other emulators) has an api. You  an call the send recieve
data function from a vb pgm.
Now on the mainframe, replace ind$file with a rexx exec that will unload
the vsam file ( or load) and call original ind$file pgm to transfer the
unloaded data.
If you're using ftp, you can submit a job using ftp that will do all the
job for you.

ITschak

בתאריך 23 באוג 2017 02:35,‏ "Edward Gould" <edgould1...@comcast.net> כתב:

> On Aug 22, 2017, at 10:08 AM, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

> I know about vendor costs. But have you looked at this?
>
> http://www.connx.com/learning/access_vsam_in_excel.php
>
> Or other internet searches might bring up other options.
>
> Accessing VSAM from EXCEL seems to be a valid function
>
> Or if you have something like CICS/IMS could you create a Web access to
do this?

> Lizette

Wow, I could have used this 20+ years ago.

Ed