On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:25:34 -0400, John Eells wrote:

>> Is IBM under any obligation to announce changes to the z/OS internals which
>> do
>> not affect supported (GUPI) user interfaces?
><snip>
>
>I'm not sure this has ever come up exactly this way before, so here is
>an overview of what I think we do today in these cases: ...

Thanks.  Treat my question as rhetorical.  I see your answer as, "No, but
we try to be nice."

Dynamic STEPLIB has been discussed in these fora so often that I suspect
it's the subject of numerous RFEs.  I suspect there are technical reasons
that IBM has not rushed to provide the function.  Is the design of OS/360
such that any dynamic STEPLIB would be incomplete or have unintended
consequences?

So cbttape.org fills the void.  WAD.  If it breaks you get your money back;
no coverage for consequential damages.  ISVs with similar conditions: If
you don't like it, just cancel your contract.

I understand TSO CALL ALLOCATEs a TASKLIB and does an ATTACH.
Numerous sites have coded similar for use outside TSO.  That works
(with side effects) for ATTACH, probably not for LOAD/LINK.

-- gil