From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Charles Mills
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2017 11:33 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Dynamic Steplib and z/OS 2.3?

The ad does not say they won't work anymore; just that they are unsupported.
That is certainly a truism in any event for CBT software.

  If  you're planning a z/OS migration, your CBT STEPLIB facility and CA
TSOPLUS  STEPLIB software  is not supported, and won't easily transition to the
latest z/OS  operating systems.

CharlesSent from a mobile; please excuse the brevity.
-------- Original message --------From: Tom Marchant
<0000000a2a8c2020-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> Date: 9/21/17  6:28 PM
(GMT+01:00) To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU Subject: Re: Dynamic Steplib and z/OS
2.3?
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:56:22 +0000, Dyck, Lionel B. wrote:

>Tone software in an advertisement from Enterprise Systems Media just
>claimed that the CBT STEPLIB command and CA's TSOPLUS STEPLIB will not
>work with z/OS 2.3 in a move to sell their DYNA-STEP.

I don't know the answer, but I did notice that there is additional support for
RMODE(64) in z/OS 2.3. It is likely that some control blocks have changes to
allow for 64-bit addresses. It is possible that such changes could cause
problems.

--
Tom Marchant