From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Conley
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 11:31 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ShopZ 24/7? Maybe not so much....

**CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected
emails**

On 12/17/2017 12:52 PM, Tom Conley wrote:
> On 12/17/2017 9:59 AM, Pinnacle wrote:
>> Thought ShopZ was supposed to be available 24/7, but it appears to be
>> taking the weekend off.  Been trying to get 3 PTF's for over an hour
>> now.  Not like anybody would apply maintenance on a weekend or
>> anything....
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tom Conley
>>

> 4 hours and counting....

Finally completed at 316 minutes, or 5 hours and 16 minutes for those of you at
home.  Can't wait until I need maint to fix a Sev 1 and run into this.  What a
joke.  I can run Windows update anytime I want, why the hell can't I do that
for z/OS?  We'll bring this up at SHARE yet again, and IBM will assure us
they're working on it, they'll point to their
99.99 uptime, and then nothing will change.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

WAKE UP IBM, THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE FOR SERVICE DELIVERY!!!

Why am I so pissed?  We've been working with IBM for AT LEAST five years
concerning 24/7 availability for both Service Delivery and IBMLink.  Yet we
continue to have these extended outages.  No wonder people want off the
mainframe.

Regards,
Tom Conley

lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN **CAUTION EXTERNAL
EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected
emails**

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.