What he said!

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Conley
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 12:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ShopZ 24/7? Maybe not so much....

On 12/18/2017 1:19 PM, Ed Jaffe wrote:
> On 12/18/2017 9:39 AM, Jousma, David wrote:
>> ... from your comments, and from others seem to imply, that it also
>> sounds like you are picking/choosing what PTF's to download?   Why
>> not order/download everything available on a weekly basis?
>
> Rather than downloading ALL, we choose to download only that which is
> recommended by IBM. What's wrong with that?
>
>    SET BOUNDARY (GLOBAL) .
>    RECEIVE ORDER(
>              ORDERSERVER(ORDSRVR)
>              CONTENT(RECOMMENDED)
>              CLIENT(SMPCLNT)
>              WAIT(NOLIMIT) /* As long as it takes */
>            ) DELETEPKG .

In my case, I was trying to get AST fixes hot off the press, with a requisite
24-hour delay to make sure all the SOURCEIDs attached.  Yeah, that's right, the
PTF is made available before all its SOURCEIDs have been attached (I can't make
this "stuff" up).  I do an ALL about once a month, I may start doing it weekly.
 But Murphy applies here.  The fix you need in a time of crisis will not be
RECEIVEd, and ShopZ will be unavailable to download it. I've also seen ShopZ
outages reported here at all times of the day or night, so periodically
downloading ALL is not the answer.  IBM investing in a support structure that
is available 24/7 is the answer.  And it's been the answer for years now.

Regards,
Tom Conley

::DISCLAIMER::
intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed
to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors)
shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those
of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or
its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the
prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments,
please check them for viruses and other defects.