>I believe your point is that if you do not intend for multiple userids
>to use the same certificate, then you don't need to connect it to your
>keyring with USAGE(CERTAUTH).  Fair point.

Thanks Kurt, for your answer. I did not set up the download capability (and did
not read the book), and the colleague who did is not a RACF admin, so we were
told that *everyone* needs their own certificate. So we now all (all three of
us!) have our own private certificate and individual keyring. :-)

Barbara