And to add to Ed's list

I just did an internet search on the keywords

IBM SYSTEMS MANAZINE JOBGROUP

Lots pops up. Here are a couple

IBM Systems Magazine - JES2-job-group
http://ibmsystemsmag.com/mainframe/tipstechniques/systemsmanagement/jes2-job-group/figure-1/

In z/OS V2.2, JES2 provided new support called Job Execution Controls so that
customers could have better control over the execution of related jobs; looking
at the different states a job group can encounter, and what situations will
trigger transitions into those states.
IBM Systems Magazine - JES2 Job Execution Control Concurrent Job ...
ibmsystemsmag.com/mainframe/.../systemsmanagement/concurrent-job-support/

These functions are available via JEC and via JOBGROUP keyword on the SCHEDULE
JCL statement. The first article in this series provided a broad overview of
JEC and in particular an example illustrating BEFORE, AFTER and CONCURRENT
dependencies. This article will discuss concurrent dependencies in further ...
IBM Systems Magazine - JES2 Job Execution Control New in z/OS 2.2
http://ibmsystemsmag.com/mainframe/tipstechniques/systemsmanagement/concurrent-job-support/

http://ibmsystemsmag.com/mainframe/tipstechniques/systemsmanagement/jec-2-2/

Introducing new features in z/OS 2.2: Job Entry Subsystem Job Execution Control
and Deadline Scheduling.
IBM Systems Magazine - Tips & Techniques
ibmsystemsmag.com/mainframe/tipstechniques/
Technical articles that provide tips and techniques to help IBM System z
mainframe customers implement solutions. Subtopics include application
development, miscellaneous, system tuning and systems management. ... JES2 Job
Group State Transitions. Web Exclusive | ...
http://ibmsystemsmag.com/mainframe/tipstechniques/

Lizette