Mr. Tom Ross,

Yes, we use the OPTFILE compiler option in the PARM= parameter exclusively.  Via JCL SET statements we establish the PDS and member name to use for the DD SYSOPTF file.  This allows us to point to different members for different COBOL compile types (i.e. batch, CICS, test compiles, production compiles, CA-Intertest, different ISP vendors, etc.). Plus you still have the PROCESS statement inside each source if it deviates from the norm.  It all seems to work quite well.  And, it is a lot easier to manage via PDS and member than on the PARM= parameter.