Nothing like a bit of (in)consistency between the compilers!  I like the PL/I
option.
________________________________
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Robert Prins <robert.ah.pr...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 6:14 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Question for COBOL users

On 2018-02-10 00:30, Charles Mills wrote:
> That is how the C/C++ compiler works. PARM='OPTF(DD:SYSOPTF)' or any other
> valid DD name, or DSN, or zFS name. Only one name, though.

Enterprise PL/I allows multiple DD names, like:

//IBMZPLI EXEC PGM=IBMZPLI,
//             REGION=0M,
//             PARM=('+DD:PLISTD +DD:PLIDB2 +DD:PLCICS +DD:PLIUSER')

which allows a site to set up defaults, but still giving the user a chance to
override things. Works like a charm!

=DD:PLISTD could be set up to point to the IBMXOnnn members now conveniently
added to the hlq.SIBMZSAM dataset containing such members for all still
supported versions of Enterprise PL/I, an RFE
<https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=80836>
yours truly suggested and that was implemented with EPLI V5.1.0

And for what it's worth, a SuperC compare of the various members will also show
all options that have been altered/added with every release of EPLI.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins(a)gmail.com