There is nothing to prevent a user or product to go ahead and use
PARMDD, and it could point to the program's (compiler's) specific
overrides.  The program (compiler) can only read the PARM for the
length it specifies (100/255) until modified to allow a parm length of
32K.  Maybe a couple releases down the road you can give a warning
message that the program (compiler) specific parm will be removed.

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA