Yes,

It appears to be trying to get the SYSDSN, it has the volser and the dsn in the
buffer, but the entire area is in 31bit storage.  I don't know why in this
case.

I don't know why the data would be 31-bit for the same dataset on a SMS volume
that is is (apparently) 24bit when it's not on an SMS volume.

Brian

Brian.